LANDSCAPE AND NATURE
Manacor’s environmental map has been made with the aim of promoting and introducing the natural characteristics of the municipality, to diversify visitors’ choices and to promote resources for alternative approaches to beach holidays. The intense coastal activity requires such an effort.
We should make visitors aware that they should respect the natural values and that the environment deserves the respect of the people of Manacor and its visitors. The environmental map provides general information about the natural resources with their specific location, cycling routes, sites of landscape interest, protected spaces and interesting species, etc.
Our objectives are to:
1. Provide information about the natural values and characteristics of the municipality of Manacor, natural spaces, public areas, protected species, environmental resources, etc.
2. Offer information about the natural environment of the municipality of Manacor, alternative and environmentally-friendly leisure resources, protected natural areas and its specific interest, etc.
3. Help identify the main elements of the natural heritage and the urban environment, highlighting its characteristics, interactions and organization.
4. Offer simplified, clear and very visual information of the alternative natural values of the municipality for local students and visitors.
5. Raise public awareness regarding the preservation of the coast, natural spaces, natural heritage and the protection of species and interesting sites.